Today we visited several of the locations that inspired Lucy Maud Montgomery’s – Anne of Green Gables. We saw:
- The Foundation of the home she grew up in- Lucy was born in New London PEI but came to live with her grandparents in Cavendish at the age of 21 months, after the death of her mother.
- Green Gables- which was actually the home of her grandparents cousins. Lucy spent much time here while growing up. We had the opportunity to see there farm and attempt some of their chores- such as milking the cows. It is a good thing our children are not growing up on a farm since most said “Oh, I don’t want to do that…” and it was simply a pretend cow.
- The Haunted Forest- we had the opportunity to hike a trail here.
- Lovers Lane
- The Shimmering Pond
- The School House where L. M. Montgomery taught.
- The Church L. M. Montgomery attended with her family.